Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Never a dull moment...

Emma and I decided to treat ourselves out to lunch today, and enjoyed some wonderful linguine. All of a sudden, I looked over at Emma, and noticed that she was struggling with food in her mouth, not choking, just had a puzzled look on her face and her finger in her mouth. Well, sure enough, a little rascal had gotten into the hole in her mouth and was in between the mouth and the nose, and she couldn't get it out one way or another. Dilemma - Do I ask the waitress for a sharp object so I can stick it in my child's mouth? Nope, Child Protective Services would be called immediately. So, through gestures and noises, I proceeded to tell her to go ahead and try to sniffle it out, yes, at the table, while other people are around us eating their lunch not knowing what is coming. So Emma started sniffling up and down, and finally the linguine came out of the hole, and she quietly chewed it and continued with her meal. The funny thing is I clapped and cheered her on as if she had scored a goal at a soccer game!!!! People must have really thought we were two crazies out on a field trip!

Like I said, never a dull moment.......

Oh, by the way, I think tomorrow I am going car shopping. If I have to load the whole family, strollers, soccer chairs, cooler and snacks in the back of the Tucson again I am going to blow!!!!!!!! I am not 100% sure yet which vehicle I will get. I guess I will post a picture tomorrow and let you guys see.....wish me luck!!!!!

Love to all,

Laura

3 comments:

whtmtnmom said...

Good luck tomorrow! I noticed that no one was a party pooper and voted for keeping the Tuscon. I can't wait to see what you get. Durango, Durango, Durango! :)

Lisen

p.s. We love our Honda Pilot.

Tracy Peed said...

Good luck tomorrow on the vehicle choice. I was in my cousin's Grand Caravan the other day and it was quite nice. You could very comfortably seat 7, plus still have room for gear. We are not quite there yet.

Tracy

Stacie said...

Hi! I found your blog through Ruijin families yahoo group. We adopted our first (and right now only daughter) who is also from Ruijin! There seem to be so few from this orphanage so i am so excited to see someone else whose daughter is from Ruijin!

Congrats on bringing Emma home. Unfortunately, Zoey has had some Attach and PTSD issues so we are delaying our next adoption for a while! She is doing really well but it is alot of work and vigilance and sometimes i get lazy and things slip- as in right now!

Your family is beautiful and i appreciate your honesty!

Stacie