Some day I wonder how Mia is ever going to get married....Seriously, she is of course the most beautiful girl in the world, but boy she has a temper. She just got done screaming her head off for one hour, for NO REASON whatsoever! So now it is 3 am and I am up. Of course she woke Emma too, who by now must think we run some crazy kid farm over here, where people scream all night, spend evenings watching sweaty boys run behind a ball, etc....ARGH! I mean, no reason, really. Just 'cause she can. She is going to be a tough broad this one. Her prom date better have the right flowers and the right color tux, or it is going to be hell!!!! Oh, did I mention she doesn't take no for an answer?
On another note, a heartbreaking one, I was arranging the pix I took in China last night and Emma jumped in my lap, and when she saw the pictures of the day we met, she got very serious and when she saw a picture of her nanny, she tried to hug the screen and called her "Ayi", which is Auntie in Chinese. I quickly closed them out because I could tell she was hurting. Let's face it, as bad as the orphanage idea sounds to us, that was home for her for almost 4 years and that's what she knows, so I think she has a right to be sad about leaving there. I know with time she might forget some faces, but that is part of her life forever, no doubt. Poor thing. Now she has to share a room with the screamer!!!
Mike is gone for a few days so it is just me and the kiddos. Emma has her doctor's appt tomorrow, which means shots and blood work........yikes. Probably not a happy camper for the rest of the weekend. will have to purchase lots of Bruster's ice cream for the gang!!!! That always makes me feel better, so I am sure it will fix it all with the girls.
Tyler is doing great. The grades are wonderful, couldn't ask for better. Soccer is going strong, keeping us busy. He is such a patient and compassionate soul - love him to death, along with his sisters.
Good night.
Love to all,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Laura, I LOVE the new site! You are one big happy family of five and what great adventures you will have (even the screaming at 2am :(
Tim is also gone again (TX) so Paige and I were going to head to town Sat. if you will around. I email you. Good luck at the Doctor!
I love the re-design too!! Hope the doc visit goes as well as it can. Happy ice-cream eating!
Lisen
Laura,
The blog header looks great. I can't believe you got 3 children smiling and looking in the same direction at the same time! Good luck tomorrow at the doctor. I needed all the help I could get at Kai's first big blood draw so I will definitely be thinking of you all alone with Emma. Please keep posting, I love following along and reading how life really is with newly adopted 4 year old!
Heather O.
(soon to be XingFu mom)
Great redesign - I got Emma's announcement yesterday - what a beautiful surprise. I really should get Jackson's finished, but these two keep me so busy.
Good luck this weekend!
Tracy
Hey Laura,
Great new look!
I can relate to not overexposing Emma to the SWI/China memories. It makes Brie morose and contemplative-which is obviously not the way we want our four year-olds to be- so, I too only show the picures from when we were together already (and happy).
Brace yourself for when Emma begins to tell you about the SWI...I would love to swap notes, as Brie has become very detailed in her China stories.
Good luck tomorrow! Bring Lollypops maybe.
Post a Comment