At Dunkin Donuts this am.
Lady: "How old is she?"
Me: "Almost 4."
Lady: "Ohhh, what's wrong with her? She is so little...."
Me: "Nothing is wrong, she just came home from China and needs some time to catch up."
Lady: "Will she ever be normal?"
Me: "Her, yes, for you I think it's too late."
Silence.
The power of words - never underestimate it. And I know a lot of them, and lots of them are not as kind and I am always ready to use them to defend one of my children. Beware people. Angry lioness on the loose.
;-)
Love to all,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
CRAP, aren't people just plain old stupid?
We got a lot of that when Brie first got home, or maybe I just don't count how many times a day we are confronted with other people's judgements anymore. There were times I would sit in my car after a mall visit and cry because of all the stares. Not anymore. Not ever again.
Our girls are itty bitty, and may spend the rest of their lives catching-up. Perhaps, when they are 30 something, and one of their daughters tells them they have a "big body" or boobies like a monkey -we can stop feeling guilty about their size!
FYI-Brie has only gained two pounds in five months...don't make yourself crazy.
Excellent. Could have used your sharp tongue yesterday when some guy got up in FF's face and said, "Aren't you lucky? Isn't it GREAT to have a Mommy and Daddy?" I was like..."Uh...sometimes?"
Oh Laura - arg!!!!!!!!! Good come back though - it is really too late for some people. I remember how you were craving DD coffee too. They will never even comprehend the love we know for our kiddos.
Hugs,
Tracy
Uggghhhh! Good reply. I'm tucking that one in my hat for future reference..."for you I think it's too late."
Post a Comment