Ok, so I have been asked this question twice today, so I figured I'd make a post out of it.
Of course the question is about Emma, and of course it came from strangers - people are amazing to me more and more every day.
Anyways...do I love her? Do I love the other two? Of course, so there is your answer. I do love her. Did I love her when I first met her? No, I didn't, not in the way I love her now. I loved the idea of Emma, but it wasn't until I met her that I started really loving her.
I love all three kids differently - the same amount, but in a different way.
I love Tyler because he is my first baby, and will always be. I love him because he is compassionate, caring, loving, affectionate, and my sweet boy.
I love Mia because she is my baby girl, and will always be. I love her because she is opinionated, funny, smart mouthed, and absolutely lovable.
I love Emma because she is my little princess, and will always be. She is sweet, loving, funny, and a bit rascalish.
I would throw myself in front of a train for each one of them, no questions asked, biological or adopted. For Mike, I would have to think about it a minute. ;-)
So there you have it. I do love her even when she doesn't love me back and turns her head away. I know one day she will love me unconditionally. And until then I will love her for both of us.
Love to all,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Of course you do...because you're an awesome Mama who buys her kid's Haloween costumes a month and a half early!
Now, cut it out...you're making the rest of us look bad!
Keep givng her the love she has yet to feel or return. The love will come, because she has an awesome teacher.
You are so awesome! That is the best post--and it seems like every mom feels that way, no matter what.
I love it.
So perfect Laura - I remember talking with you about this in China. It is so true. Plus you used the word "rascalish" which I love and suits Miss Emma to a "T".
Take care friend :)
Tracy
Hi Laura,
Your blog is great! You are hilarious. I'm glad that Emma is doing well and getting better. And you're right -- she will return your love someday.
Cheers,
Amy (Noah's mama)
Hmmm, train...Paige, no doubt, Tim, I'd think about it for a second too! LOVE IT! You are an awesome mom and I've seen her turn away but not toooo far away cause she's right there turning back to you a millisecond later! She does love you and it will only grow.
Can I come to live at your house - sounds like you're having so much fun and the kids seem to be very happy. LOL, love the train scenario...I think every mother feels the same way...I can't wait to come for a visit...and enjoy the craziness with you...hugs and kisses to all the little rug rats...Auntie Lisa
Perfect words. I was crying until I got to the "for Mike..." part. Hehehe.
-Xingfu Mommy
Post a Comment