Thursday, September 4, 2008

Home at last!!!!!

After a very LONG trip which Emma managed to make a success - such a good girl - we are home!!!!!

Ohh, where should I start? The meeting with the rest of the gang was wonderful, the carseat and the dogs, not so much. I swear Mike is going to use this as an excuse to get rid of them, for the sake of the child!!!!!

Emma and Mia are peacefully sleeping in THEIR room. It is so emotional to be home and see them together.

Here comes the whole truth - I have had thoughts such as "what was I thinking?" and "how could I do this to our family?" in the past two weeks during times when I realized that our lives would change drastically, and tonight when Mia broke down crying before bed time because she wants HER mamma. Honestly, 30+ hours of no sleep is not helping much and I am sure we will get passed the screaming in the car seat and the screaming when the dogs come near, right??

Tyler is as always my rock. He is such a patient, loving big brother. Emma has given him and daddy kisses tonight, and a wet smooch was planted on Mia's lips too. That is a big milestone.

And Mike, what would I do without him? He took such great care opf my babies while I was gone, and only managed to smoke a pack a day (just kidding!!!) He is the best husband and daddy we could ever ask for.

Ok, more to come tomorrow. Just know we are home safe and will NOT eat Chinese food for a while!!!!!!

Love to all,

Laura

4 comments:

Me said...

Laura,

I think only people who really don't like their lives already don't have those thougths and fears that they've "messed up everything"! Your family is in a major state of transition. Intellectually you know it will be wonderful and the "new" family will be even better... but it still takes time to get to that point. Go with the flow, give it time... and don't think too much! Oh, and get some sleep woman!

*hugs*

Glad you made it home :)

adlund said...

Hurray! I'm so glad to see that you and Emma are home, safe with your loved ones.
Oh, how I remember those thoughts of "what have we done" and "what were we thinking?" As I remember, they lasted for quite sometime.

One day at a time, it will get better. After a few nights sleep and after the jet lag, it's all going to start looking better.

Emma is a very blessed girl, to be home with her new family. Congratulations to all of you. Wonderful family times are ahead.

Hugs,
Laura

adlund said...

Funny, now that my comment has been published, I see that I was logged in as Alan.
Well, just know that both of us are so happy for the Grant family. :)

Laura L.

Mommy said...

Yes, your life will change but it is for the better. A little sleep and a lot of love and you'll remember that before you know it.

Blessings,
Mommy