Friday, September 5, 2008

The honeymoon is over....................

I knew it was to good to be true....Emma has been doing awful today. All she wants to do is laying in bed and not see anybody. She even pushed her snack away this afternoon......Let the grieving begin.

She is absolutely terrified of Tyler - cannot even be in the same room, and the sibling rivalry with Mia has hit in full force. When Mike gets home from work, he will be SOOOOOOOOOO happy to find everybody is such in a good mood - mommy included. Jet lag is catching up with me and I am TIREDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Mia didn't want to take a nap this afternoon, and Emma didn't want to get up.....go figure....

ARGH!!!!! I was trying to convince myself that everything would be ok. I feel so bad for Tyler because he wants to love her so badly, but cannot even look at her and she starts crying.

The dogs came near her today and she freaked out again. After a while they could hang out, but not get close.

I put her on the scale today and she weighs 28 lbs. Not as bad as I thought. Mia is 32 lbs, so she will catch up quickly. I haven't checked how tall she is yet, but she is a little shorter than Mia, maybe one inch. This morning I took a shower with the two of them....not too much room left in the shower I am afraid, and then Emma slipped and fell getting out and busted her upper lip. Poor thing, she must think she has landed in hell!!!!!

Gotta go, kids screaming, dinner needs to be cooked.

Love to all,

Laura

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!

Ohhhh hang in there--it will get better!! I'm a fellow Xingfu mom who just came back in April with Hope. She too was terrified of our (very little) dog. SHe was not too fond of her 6 year old brother either- from what I have heard since- it seems that sometimes the bigger boys were not too kind to the little ones. This will all pass as she learns to trust and love all of you.
It is not easy- but she is terrified right now, and jet lagged!! The first week was horrible for me.(and Hope- I am sure!)

I will say lots of prayers for you---try and get some sleep- and just know it will be better....it just takes time!!

Amy Dinello
Hope Hexu's mommy

Mommy said...

I am praying for all of you during this difficult time of transition. I can only imagine how difficult this must be. The good news is brighter days will come...hopefully soon.

Jeannine said...

Oh Laura,

I remember it so well - just what you described. It is so hard, but it will end, sooner then you can even imagine at this point.

Easter Sunday was the toughest day for us - jet lagged, Cate wanting nothing to do with anyone but me... a broken hearted brother who had waited for so long.... and two weeks later, a ray of hope began to shine.

Hang in there!! This too shall pass.

Jeannine

Stacy said...

It's so hard living in the place you're in right now. So many of us have been there. Dejected siblings, and somtimes fathers, jet lag, questions about motherhood in general, doubts, worries, tears from everyone...
Laura, you will make it through. So will Tyler, Mia, Mike and especially Emma. She has so much to learn about love. About what it means to be part of your family, or any family. You can do this! You can do it!
Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

M said...

Yes, I'll just repeat what everyone here has already said. This will pass. FF wanted NOTHING to do with her brother (and very little to do with anyone but me) for quite a while after she was home with us, but here we are, six months later - and they are truly brother and sister and love each other like only siblings can.

And remember - the first week home is KILLER. The jet lag affects everything - makes you so miserable. I could hardly see straight. Just don't push yourself, try to sleep whenever you can, and don't worry too much! The hard part will be over soon!

Hang in there!

xo M

Unknown said...

Laura, Thanks for sharing your blog and thoughts. It is helping to put everything in perspective for me. We adopted our little girl in 2005 and I remember that first jet lagged week and how HARD it was. Now we are waiting to travel to get Ren and I'm soo excited and wondering how it is going to be. Praying for you and yours.
Welcome home and get some much deserved sleep!!
Elaine

whtmtnmom said...

Laura- This too shall pass and I know we all know that. Tell Tyler I know exactly how he feels! I didn't believe it myself last week, but she will come around.
Hugs, Lisen