We finally received a referral from the Army to go ahead and make an appointment with the cleft team in Atlanta. I say finally, but really it was only put in last Friday and approved the same day, so it just took time for the letter to get to us.
Emma's appointment is scheduled for 17 October at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Her doctor is Dr. Joseph Williams, and a team of five doctors will visit her that day. She will be seen by the plastic surgeon, the dentist, the ENT, the speech therapist and the orthodontist. They said it will take approximately 3 hours. What a day. Our appointment is at 1230 pm, which means we will have to be on the road by 1030 since I have no clue where this hospital is!!!!!!!!! It will be a LONG Friday.
I am very relieved that she will be evaluated before I go back to work. As far as surgeries and treatment, her lip is really not causing her any trouble, and the hole in her gum line is not stopping her from eating or drinking, or talking for that matter. We just have to turn on the English switch now!!!!!! So, unless the doctor finds something that needs to be addressed right away, Mike and I have decided to wait before putting her through surgeries that can wait a little longer. We think it is more important that she starts day care and speech therapy, and gets used to all of these new things before putting her in the hospital.
Mia is going through some rough time so please keep her in your prayers. There have been a lot of changes at her day care that we are not so thrilled about, and of course Mia is not sleeping or ating. This is her way of coping with stress, and by the way our nights are going, she is VERY stressed. Last night she was up every half hour. Once or twice she let me sleep one full hour. At one point she called for Mike and when he walked in there she jumped in his lap terrified and then took the door and said she didn't want to go back in there and that she was scared. Bad dreams. HELL! If it's not one thing, it's another. Hey, is this my Mom's curse? I remember her telling me when I was a teenager that she wished my own children would get me back for what I put her through. Well, Mamma, it worked. Thanks a lot!!!!!! ;-)
Love to all,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope things go a little better for little Mia--and that you all are getting some sleep soon too. Keep up the the good work, Momma.
Some day, Mia will be calling you up, telling you all about what crazy things HER daughter is doing...and then you can laugh. :)
Hang in there w/ Mia's night wakings. I hav eto remind myself when one of ours goes through a rough patch that they won;t be little for long. And that I won;t need to help hger get back to sleep in her college dorm room, right?!?!
Lisen
Hi Laura, I will be praying for you all and Miss Emma when she has her appt, as well as for you to find the hospital quickly and easily. I will also be praying for Mia and her fears and sleep issues. Whenever something changes in Ahnalin's world, sleep is the first thing to go wacky, so I do understand. I am so sorry for all this. You must be so exhausted. But I am praying and know that it will work itself out soon. Hugs to you my friend.
IN His Grace,
Sivje
Post a Comment