What a combination, uh? Let's start with the doctor.
Emma did wonderful; cried a bit for blood and shots but not too bad. She sure is a tough cookie!!!!!!! As far as the doctor is concerned, let me tell you how compassionate this old, fat, not- good-enough-to-cut-it-in-a-real-hospital pediatrician was. He looked at Emma's mouth and said: "They must have run out of money for her surgery because they did a horrible job. Let's hope they can do better here in the US!" Now, the ex-Soldier/mama bear in me wanted to grab him by the neck and do him in like a chicken; however, I do have three children who need me, so I just pointed out how fortunate we are that Emma doesn't speak English yet, and didn't know what he was saying. He looked at me puzzled, which leads me to believe that he is, like Mia says, "tupid." And I don't entertain "tupidity." ;-)
Anywho......he said that she is delayed (no s... Sherlock! I could be a pediatrician!!!!) and that it is most likely due to malnutrition since she is so skinny....boy, nothing gets by him, does it???? He said she will catch up. He told me to continue with the oatmeal wash for the eczema, and to use Hydrocortisone for the worst spots, and also to start her on vitamins, the chewable kind from Wal-Mart.
She only had to get two shots, HEP A and Chicken Pox, even though I am almost positive she already had Chicken Pox......For those of you who don't know this, all Chinese children are vaccinated for tuberculosis, which means that Emma and Mia will always test positive for it. I am going to keep their Chinese shot records so they don't have to undergo 9-month long treatments for it. They both also received the small pox vaccine when they were little. I guess both tuberculosis and small pox are still pretty common in China.
The Ramen noodles.....I know they are the worst food you can give a child, but they LOVE it. All three of them, and Emma loves to slurp the noodles, so who am I to deprive them of this experience?????? They are funny to watch when they eat them. Sometimes one noodle will come out of Emma's nose if she sucks hard enough, and it is a great entertainment piece for the rest of the gang! Never a dull moment over here. We are also adding an apple orchard to the cow and Cheerios projects (see earlier post), since the two of them go through apples like they are going out of style. Mia wouldn't even look at them before Emma came home, and now she is an apple aficionado!
All right. I hear my name being called over and over and over and over.........better go.
Love to all,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your children are totally gorgeous! Congratulations!
By the way, good for you for telling the doctor what you think. What a jerk!
Molly
Xingfu mama to Flora Ji Wen
What a punk doctor! You are handling these comments so well. I'm taking notes.
Mommy
-Xingfu group
Post a Comment