Today is a better day. The sleep is still not straightened out, but we are getting there.
The kids played together today, all three of them, and when Tyler hit his knee on the fireplace, Emma went over and rubbed it for him and blew him a kiss. Baby steps.
She ate some soup and apple today - first food since Thursday.
The dogs are still out of the picture, living between outside and the laundry room. Poor things. The car seat is 100 times better, no crying.
Mia is acting out now - jealousy. I try to give her special alone time, but it is hard. Tyler is still doing ok. Him and Daddy went out for a movie this afternoon - they need some alone time.
The girls are taking a nap and then we will go to the park. I am trying to keep them busy, or they argue a lot. Emma has figured out that she can make Mia mad by sitting in her Dora chair and touching her sippie cup, so she does it on purpose. Fun, fun, fun!!!!!
We are hanging in there. Thank you for all the good wishes and the words of encouragement. I know it will work out.
Love to all,
Laura
4 comments:
Hi Laura,
I am finally getting to check in. The girls have been sick so I have not been able to get caught up on your posts until now.
But I am so glad you are home!! And it WILL get better!!! Emma will find her place in the family and she and Mia will grow to love each other. It may take time with Tyler. That is how it was with Ahnalin and India. India wanted desperately to love her sister and was not even able to touch her without Ahnalin screaming in fear. They now adore each other but it did take a bit of time.
I pray that God will give you strength and encouragement. Your family will bond and grow together and then you will look back on this time and know it was worth it.
I am so happy you are all together now.
But I keep praying for you all.
In His Grace,
Sivje
Ciao Laura...sono ls Chiara, ti ricordi di me?
Volevo solo augurarti buona fortuna con la tua nuova bimba...Sono felice per te!
Vedrai che tutto so sistemera'.
Ciao
tel.706-408-2233
Se vuoi chiamami, io sono su fino a tardi.
Wow! I feel like talking Italian after reading that comment above :)! Thanks for being honest in your posts...it gives me a glimpse of what I have to look forward to in the future. I know it will get better, you have barely been home. Hugs & prayers coming at ya. Sheryl
Laura-
Glad to hear things are moving forward a little. These transitions are so tough - so much change for our little ones. Emma is a tough, resilient cookie. She will come around. I hear you with the jealousy - Addie was acting out a little bit more today and Jackson had a major meltdown at bedtime. He had Brody totally convinced he was hurt or sick - nope, just melting.
Good to hear Tyler is getting some love from his new sister. That's is tough when you can't hug her after you have waited so long.
First food since Thursday?? I am shocked. Do you think she was storing it up somewhere in China? Just kidding - wow - E. was always up for a snack.
I miss you girls - you were great to travel with. I truly could not have done this trip, alone without you!!! I just watched my video camera tape today and realized what awesome footage you got of Jackson and I on Gotcha day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for preserving that moment for our family!
I hope as the days move forward that sweet Emma can open her heart to the rest of your family as she has to you. In time I know she will.
Friendship & Hugs!
Tracy
Post a Comment