Friday, August 15, 2008

Only six more days to go..............

I cannot believe it yet!! It has been almost a year since we started the process, and I look back and I remember the day I called my parents to tell them about Emma. They were so excited because they thought Mia was going to be their last grandchild....nope!!!! Now, they bought the house right next door to ours, and will spend months at a time in the US enjoying their grandkids! I am very excited about it. I am looking forward to taking my mom to see a play or to a nice concert, just the two of us, or going on an outing just us four girls......

Let me tell you a little bit about my travel group - three wonderful mothers I am traveling with. They are all second-timers as far as China is concerned, and have been such great support during these months of waiting. Tracy, Teresa, and Lisen I cannot wait to spend time with the three of you, and I will cherish those memories forever.

I have good news about my dear friend Sheryl, who adopted her sweet Graycen a couple of months before we did, and whose husband was deployed while Mike was. Sheryl and her husband are adopting again as well!!!!!!!! Their little girl will be very close in age to Graycen, just like Mia and Emma. I am so happy for them and their wonderful family.

So all around good news. Life couldn't be better in Columbus, GA. We have three beautiful and healthy children, I have a wonderful husband I love with all my heart, and soon our family will be complete.

Love to all,

Laura

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Thanks for sharing our happy day. Great news about your parents buying the house next door--how fun! I can't wait to see Miss Emma in your arms. Hugs, Sheryl

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you!! Too bad Tyler can't go, but it should be fun to see his expression and Mia's too, when Emma arrives home!! We can't wait to see her "forever pictures with her new Grant family"!! Have a safe trip.

Laura L. said...

I'm thinking of you often, and I'm very excited that you will soon have Emma. I will look forward to following your journey. I've added the dates to my calendar here at the computer.

Tracy Peed said...

We are almost there!! See you in just a few days!