Finally I am able to update the blog! I have been a bit under the weather, but finally I feel better so I can post. Sorry it has taken so long to post pictures.
OK, let me start from the beginning. We met the children on Monday. Emma wasn't there yet when we got to the Civil Affairs Office, but she made her grand entrance after a little while of us getting there. At first she was really sweet and was calling me Mamma, until she realized that her nanny was leaving. At that point hell broke lose!!!!! She slapped me and fought me and tried to take the door. Once the nanny left, she was ok.
Let me tell you a bit about her. She is superskinny, and eats like crazy. I think she is afraid the food will run out...very sad. I don't think she ever took a real bath because she is fascinated with the water. She smelled badly when I got her, and she is covered in bug bites.
She is a great sleeper and already answers to Emma. She can already sign EAT, MILK, MORE, and HOT. She is a very smart cookie.
The paperwork here in the province is done, so now we just have to fly to Guangzhou to get the consulate portion taken care of.
I am so ready to be home. I miss Mike and the kids terribly and cannot wait to see what Emma will say about her new family.
That's all for now. Gotta run to the store because all the clothes I bought are too small. I think she wear a 12-18 months....and she is almost four...and then people wonder why we want to adopt from China....if you saw what conditions she is in you would understand.
Love to all,
Laura and Emma
11 comments:
OH OH OH, Laura I am so excited and she is just soooo gorgeous. I had to check your blog one last time before I shut down for the night and I am so glad I did! It is good to hear you are feeling better and that things are moving along quickly. You will be home very soon and your family of FIVE (you need to change your blog name :) )will be complete. Safe travels and we will see you soon and meet Emma!
HOORAY! Laura, I know the "all hell breaking loose" feeling. But, in her heart she knows you are a good person, and that her life is about to begin anew. I am so glad you are feeling better and yes, they are sooo skinny aren't they?
It's good to see her face!
Hugs, hugs, hugs from New York!
Laura,
Emma is beautiful and I am so glad that she now has a mommy to clean her up, feed her well, and take care of those bug bites! I have been praying for you since I read on another blog that you were sick. What terrible timing! Take care of yourself and that gorgeous little girl.
Heather O.
(soon to be XingFu mom)
Oh Laura, I am so glad to see this post. I have been praying for you and Emma and worried about you. Miss Em is adorable!! I know that "hell breaking loose" feeling as well. It DOES get better. I pray the Lord blesses you with health and Emma with trust and peace.
In His Grace,
Sivje
Congratulations after your long wait! She is just beautiful! These early days are really hard and can be scary - but rest assured things will get better for you both in time. So glad to see you're both alright!
-Maia
Laura,
So glad you are feeling better...lots of prayers for you and Miss Emma. Emma's eyes are so big and beautiful! I am so glad you have her and she has a family to love and care for her. All the waiting is finally over! Hugs, Sheryl
Hi Laura,
I am SO happy to see your post. I'm so sorry that you were under the weather. I've been praying for both of you.
It's so great to see photos of Emma. She looks so sweet and she's such a pretty girl. I'm so happy that she's with you now and you can care for her.
You will be home with Mike and the kids before you know it. Just try to soak in every minute of China culture that you can. I know that's what I missed the most after we came home from China.
I hope you feel better each day.
Hugs,
The other Laura :)
Laura-
I have never been so happy to read a post from you. It is wonderful to see pictures of Emma in your room.
I am glad you are feeling better. CHina is not a good place to get sick.
Kim
Laura, what room are you in in Nanjing? We were in room 1810, and I thought it would be neat if we had the same room.
I'm so glad you are feeling better. She is precious! Breaks my heart about her physical condition but I'm sure with lots of love she's going to be just fine. Praying for all of you.
-Mommy
Xingfu Mom
Laura,
I'm so glad to have the opportunity to visit your blog (shh, I'm at work, don't tell). Emma is absolutely beautiful and I can certainly relate to your comment about your family "not missing a meal". Same here...so I'm certain little Emma will soon pick up some much needed weight once she's home to Mike's steak and mac n' cheese dinner that awaits you both.
Stay well and I can hardly wait to see and read more about you and Emma's journey home.
Blessings
Sharon
Post a Comment