Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last day in Nanjing

Today is our last day in Nanjing, and of course it is raining. We had planned on walking around and doing some souvenir shopping, but I guess it will be movie day instead.

Last night we had a pizza party in one of the rooms and we loved it. Pizza Hut was a big hit. Never knew cheese pizza could taste so good!!!!!!

Tonight we are having a farewell dinner in a local restaurant. I have to admit that I love Chinese food - in the States. It is very different here, and I just cannot stomach it. I am so not a picky eater, but the duck tongue and the eel have ruined it for me big time!!!!!
Emma is so very funny. She cried for the first time last night when I put her to bed. I think she realized how much fun she is having when she is up so why spoil it by going to bed, right???? She knows that when I tell her to grab her Wa-Wa (baby) it is time to go and she just looks at me and says no with a mad face, but then she climbs in her crib and cries softly for about a minute. Then the thumb is inserted and she goes to sleep. I don't think they had a lot of room to complain about things at the orphanage so she doesn't put up a fight. She sleeps all night, from about 8 pm to 6:30 am. Wonderful!!!! Before she goes to bed she puts her shoes neatly under her crib and she covers up.

Stacy, I see a lot of Brie in her. Even somebody else in the XingFu group who reads your blog said so...you never know......

The orphanage gave us two life books full of pictures and progress reports from when she was found until June of this year. There are pictures of her as a baby. So cute!!!!!!

Well, we'd better go start packing. We fly in the morning. I have been dreaming about Guangzhou and the White Swan, the Mattel Room, and Lucy's and Jordan, and all of the other cool places there.
Mike, Tyler and Mia, get ready for the new addition because she is a character. I miss you so much and love you even more!!!!

Love to all,

Laura and Emma














In a nude!!!! Check out the figure!


Emma and her friend Grace (one of our guides)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura-

I am so happy you are almost at the White Swan. Interesting how it feels like you are home once you get there.

Kim

Goosegirl said...

YAY!! You are almost there! Have a blast in Guangzhou! I loved it there too. Emma looks great and sounds wonderful. I am continuing to pray for your health.

In His Grace,
Sivje

Unknown said...

Hi Laura! Emma is adorable!! Congratulations! Enjoy your trip in China and thank you for sharing it. We have been following along with great interest!
Elaine (Homeland family)

P.S. Have fun but sanitize little hands & make sure nothing goes in mouth while in playroom at White Swan. Its fun to go & meet everyone there,but lots of kids in there from all over. We were healthy till we went there & I forgot to wash hands after! (back in 2005).

Mommy said...

Hi Laura! I'm so excited to check your blog every day. Glad things are going well. Praying for safe travel today for you and your group. Take care.

Mommy
(Xingfu Mommy)

Laura L. said...

Hi Laura!
Yay, I'm happy to see a new update. Sounds like Emma is doing so well. I look forward to hearing more about her.

Oh, bless your heart. I will never forget how awesome it was to have pizza when we were in Nanchang.
I think the duck tongue and eel would do me in too, and I'm a big Chinese food fan.

You will really be looking for some food at Lucy's or somewhere.

I hope you have a really easy travel day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

It's good to read your daily updates and see Emma's photos. She seems to really be enjoying her baths and her fancy sunglasses.
Godspeed on your journey to Guangzhou and have loads of fun shopping. I truly miss that part of our trip.
Sharon

Kellyann said...

Laura,
She is so thin! You need to fatten her up some. I know you will...you are a great Mommy! Isn't going to GZ almost like going home? You feel so much more comfortable being with a lot of other adoptive families. Enjoy this special time with Emma. How nice that she is sleeping go well already for you!
~Kellyann a March Moonbeam and a soon to be Xingfu Mommy

Anonymous said...

Laura, remember when you e-mailed me the first time and said, "I think I have a picture of your daughter with mine..." That seems like a lifetime ago, right?
Hope your travel went well, and that you are settling in nicely in GZ.
She is a skinny minnie just like Brie. All skin (full of eczema) and bones. In four months you will look back on that bathtub picture and ask, "Who is that skinny baby?"
Wasn't it incredible to see baby pics from the lifebook. I was astounded at what brie looked like pre-surgery...these poor little buttons have come a long way!
XOXO
Stacy

Jeannine said...

Congratulations, Laura! I am so excited that Emma is with you - skinny, bug bites and all, she is just beautiful!!

Jeannine