Friday, October 3, 2008

What a Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmm, where should I start.........

I checked the mail yesterday and there is a letter from the Army Medical Insurance Company (Tricare) claiming that we are approved for a referral at Emory University Hospital for Emma......I was a bit puzzled, because they told me that I could pick whoever I wanted as long as they accepted Tricare. So I called them up and sure enough they told ma that the doctor we picked didn't accept the type of insurance we have, so that I had to call Emory. So here I am , calling Emory, for them to tell me that they can see Emma on 20 October, but that it will be just a preliminary evaluation, not the whole shabang like at Scottish Rite. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! So I wasted two weeks of our life thinking we would be going to one doctor and now we are going to another. Mike wanted to check on the new doctor, and being that he is a Harvard graduate specialized in cleft lip and palate, and also has a dentist degree from Harvard, we feel a little bit better!!!!!

Then, I get in the loaner van to go to the dealership to pick up the new one (Emma in tow of course) and when I get there they tell me it is the wrong one..................by now I am ready to poke somebody in the right eye, so I let the manager have it, and I get some free stuff out of it, but that is not the point. I already sold my Tucson, so I am currently carless, you know. That is an ugly feeling, let me tell you.

Do I have a neon sign on my forehead that says "SC%$%W ME??????" I must!

Emma is starting transitioning at day care on Monday. We are going to start for a couple of hours a day. Every time I drop Mia off, I have to drag her out of there, so I think she is ready to go. I must be pretty boring!!!!! I figured if we start this early, by the time I go back to work she will be a preschool junkie, and I will be able to function during the day instead of worrying sick about her.

That also means that I will have some time to myself. What??? Are you kidding me? That's unheard of. The toes might actually get scrubbed up....geez, in the conditions they are now, they will have to pull out the weed eater to take care of these piggies!!!!!!! Lunch alone??? Holy cow! ;-)

I snapped this picture of the kids trying to recreate a picture I took of Tyler and Mia a couple of years ago. Well, let me tell you, it was much easier to get two kids to pose like that than three. This is the best I could do. After 20 shots, I got tired of it, and so did they!!!!!

Love to all,
Laura

No comments: