I have been back to work now for a week, and things are going great!
Emma transitioned to day care wonderfully. I was really afraid she would hate it, and she proved me SO wrong. This morning when we pulled in the parking lot at the girls' preschool, Emma started clapping her hands and yelling: "YEAH!!!!!!!"
Stacy, you are right. I really think she was bored of staying home with me after spending so much time around children. The teachers say she is an amazing little girl - so loving, and caring, and obedient - can she rub it off on Mia a little????? It is so much easier to get through the day at work without worrying that she might be sad or crying. She is very excited when I pick her up, and she hugs and kisses her teachers goodbye.
Get this. She speaks very little English at home, but yesterday when I picked her up she ran over to her teacher Jasmine and hugged her real tight, and said out loud: "My andy." And Ms. Jasmine grabbed her hand and brought her to her cubby where she had Halloween candy waiting for her. So, she speaks English at school. Rotten tomato!!!!!
Tyler is doing well. He made honor roll at school - then brought home a series of bad grades the following week. He is so smart and HATES going to school, so he just does the minimum. If he can get honor roll on just showing up at school, can you imagine what he could do if he actually studied? He will realize it one day when he is saying the same things to his son or daughter, and that will be my sweet revenge. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!
Mia is doing ok. Last night she slept all night after about a week of sleepless nights, so you know Mamma is happy this morning. She is getting a lot better with sharing toys and sharing Mamma and Daddy, but she is definitely going through a Daddy phase, because she wants nothing to do with me, only Daddy.
Getting three children ready in the am is definitely a chore. Tyler is good at doing things by himself, but he still needs to be reminded to brush his teeth before he leaves the house. The girls are usually either in a very crappy mood, or really happy, so I have to either juggle through whining or excessive playing, which in either case makes dressing the two monkeys difficult. I dress them the same because I want to avoid any arguments, and honestly, it is very cute, and so much easier to shop for them. Today they are wearing their Halloween shirts and they are ohhhhhhh so cute.
Tonight is trick or treat time as Mia calls it, so I will post lots of pictures of the kids in their costumes - which reminds me I forgot to buy black stockings for Mia - better do that before I go home tonight.
That's all for today.
Love to all,
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like things are really going well for the most part. That's great. :)
Have a fun Halloween. I'll look forward to photos.
Laura,
Hey! You don't know me, but we are with Homeland and are hoping to go get our little boy next year. I love following your blog and I lived vicariously through you while you were in China meeting Emmas. I just "tagged" you. This particular tag has been making the rounds for a while, so you may have already seen it. If you're interested, I'd love you to post your responses. The instructions are on my blog.
Have a great Halloween,
Heather O.
www.dragonsandelephants.blogspot.com
Post a Comment