Friday, October 10, 2008

Falling a little behind.......

I haven't had a whole lot of time to post this week. I am trying to take care of things before I go back to work, and honestly the girls are kicking my BUTT!!!!! WOW, they are so busy all the time!!!! Either that, or I am getting older!!!!!!!!

Emma has started day care, and even though the goodbyes are rather tragic in the morning, she loves it! It is such a relief that she actually doesn't think I am putting her back in an orphanage setting! She loves her teacher Ms. Sonia, who is already getting hugs and kisses after only a few days. That tells me that she is taking great care of Emma, as I already knew since she has been taking great care of Mia .

Life is busy. This week I was able to get my Georgia license, after living here for seven years. I had to surrender my NY State license - I loved that license because the picture was from when I was 21 and 140 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not so much what is on the new license........yikes. Of course I lied about my weight, but who doesn't, right? Today I went to the Social Security Office and got Emma's SSN. So between the DMV and the SSN office, I got to see the elite of Columbus, GA. Why do they all meet in those two offices? I wonder.....Once I get the SSN, I can go to the Department of Child Services (another lovely place to visit) and get the state subsidy for Emma. The state of GA actually provides adoptive families with a $2,000 subsidy for special needs - hey, we don't consider Emma's cleft lip a special need, but if GA does and they are willing to give us some cash - OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I think that is it for now. The appt with the craniofacial surgeon is on the 20th and the following week I go back to my 8 to 5 imprisonment!!!! ARGH!!!!!

The good thing is that the holidays are right around the corner and my parents are coming on 5 December and staying until 1 March!!!!!! Can you say GOOD DINNERS??????????? Don't give me wrong, Mike is a great cook (not me!), but Mom's cooking is always the best!!! I think it is the extra loving she puts in it for us that makes the difference. When she is here, we just tell her what we want and she makes it. LOVE IT!

Tomorrow we are off to the pumpkin patch, so I will have pictures for you all. Here is a picture of the girls this morning before school (is Mia trying to strangle her?) Also, a picture of Tyler
playing soccer. Can you see him over there?????



















Love to all,

Laura

2 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Have fun at the Pumpkin Patch. We are going today as well.

I know what you mean about the weight on the drivers license thing. I am hoping to get back to the weight on my license soon!!!

The girls look wonderful!
love,
Sivje

Mommy said...

4 months of Mom's cooking? Sign me up! I wouldn't know what to do.