Three weeks from today and my parents will be here!!!!!!!!!
The kids are so excited!!!!!!! I am waiting to see what Emma will think of all the jibber jabber in Italian around the house!!!! Hehehehehe, the poor baby is still trying to learn English and now we are throwing yet another language her way!!!!!!!
Speaking of her. Last night Mia was having one of her cry baby moments (who am I kidding, she is constantly having a cry baby moment!!!!) so I turned towards Emma , and, without expecting an answer, I asked her if Mia cries all day at school too. Emma looked at me, put her fork down and said: "Mamma, Mia (loud whine with funny cry baby face) at chool!" Good thing I wasn't drinking because I would have sprayed Tyler. She looked so funny. She sure is a character and I told Mike that when she starts speaking fluently, we will have our hands, hmmm, ears-ful with the two of them.
We are waiting for the insurance to approve our referral for a hearing test for Emma. While we are there we will have to ask to have her ears cleaned out because she has 4 years worth of wax in them, and I have a hard time getting it. It is so yucky and brown, and I am afraid that if I keep trying it will push it even farther. I tried the peroxide, but the drop just sits there and doesn't go anywhere because the wax is just like a wine cork sitting in her ear. Poor thing. I am pretty sure her language skills will improve as well once she can hear better.
I also think she will need some serious dental work done, as I was looking at her X-rays and it looks like she has a ton of cavities. We will find out for sure next month when she sees the pediatric dentist.
Oh, well, who said parenting was easy? Nothing a good glass of wine, hmmmm, I mean glass of patience won't fix.......
Have a great weekend.
Love to all,
Laura
3 comments:
Your posts have me laughing...I'm sure you are not, but thanks anyway! So happy your parents will be here soon. Happy weekend to you, too! Hugs, Sheryl
Love what Emma said at the table. That's too cute. :)
Ooooh, these Changzhou girls are spicy characters. And I can attest, from personal experience, that having Emma become fluent is going to definitely give you an ear...no, no many ears, FULL! Two girls under five...Talk, talk, talk. Brace yourself girl!
Post a Comment