Thursday, November 13, 2008

Change of Career Path

Lately I have been thinking that maybe I should leave the legal field and look into becoming a professional referree.

Not one day goes by when I don't have to pull the girls apart to avoid blunt trauma to the head (too much CSI for me!)

Yesterday Mia was literally yelling in Emma's face because the poor child wasn't taking her jacket off fast enough. How about last week when Emma hit Mia in the face with a toy lion walking passed her in the hallway.....for no reason whatsoever that I know about. Maybe she knew ahead of time she would get yelled at about the jacket thing, so she showed Mia who's really boss?

The only words coming out of my mouth lately have been: Stop it! No! Be nice! Share! Enough! No hitting! Give each other a hug!

Will the feuding stop? And again, has anybody seen Peace and his friend Quiet out and about? They are missing from our house, and I am afraid they are not coming back. Are they out buying cigarettes?

;-)

Love to all,

Laura

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, to put it in perspective, picture this. When Tim was little, his one older sister would sit on him and rub the back of his hands against the carpet until he got rug burn and when he opened his mouth to yell she would try to spit in it. At other times, his two older sisters would make him and his other sister fight just for fun and if they didn't the older ones would beat them up! Tim!!! It will pass, but you may have to referree for a while just so they don't kill each other. Let Mike tag team in and head our way, I'm keeping Mr. Peace and his fine friend Quiet hostage in the country! Better yet, send everyone our way and head to the spa!!! Talk to you soon, Michelle

Stacy said...

Oh, girl...do I EVER hear you! I feel, and have been crying a lot lately, like everyday I have to put out a different fire. School, projects, finaces, clothing, cooking, work, breaking-up some pretty ugly fights here too - The list goes on. I am on the brink of insanity...will probably blog about it later!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hey there, you might want to speak with your loving hubby and ask him the exact torture he would use on his sisters (one older and one younger)...I'm sure he has many stories to share....it does get better, but it will take time - remember they are so close in age that they are in competition for everything and everyone - just like having twins...hand in there, I know you can...love Lisa (the older sister)