Laura L. has asked for the story of how Missy and I met - so here it goes.
On 19 February 2006, I am rushing through the Beijing airport ready to get on a flight to Nanchang, and I need to make a stop in the bathroom. There are other non-Chinese ladies in there, but I just go and take care of business, and come out of the stall. And there stands a lovely lady drying her hands with a very familiar looking bandanna, and I just ask: "So, are you a March 2005 DTC as well?" and of course she answers: "YES!!!" So I ask who she is and Lord behold, it is Missy. I had chatted with her online on the Yahoo groups million of times before leaving for China, and there we were hugging in the bathroom in the Beijing airport. I will never forget it!!!!
She was going to Nanchang to meet her Empress as well, but we didn't stay at the same hotel, and never ran into each other in Guangzhou.
So, Missy and I will always remember that day we met - in the ladies room at the airport. To me, it was twice as special as I met Mia later that day.
There you have it Laura L., that's our story, and I am sticking to it. ;-)
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well that is a very neat story. It must have been one of those "meant to be things". Too cool.
Glad I stopped by today. Thanks for posting that. :)
Hey Moonbeams!! It is a great story - though Italia left out some important parts.. like she wasn't supposed to BE in Beijing that day - she had been held up by bad weather... so we never should have been in the airport at the same time at all!! I still laugh when I think about it.. not being held up but meeting and what an amazing time that was... If I had to wait I am glad it was with you ladies!!
Missy - Mom to EFP & EBB
Post a Comment