Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting ready

Things are definitely busy around the house these days. I forgot how many things and how much paperwork still needs to be filled out before Emma can come home.

Her suitcase is packed. I had to make some changes because of the new weight allowances on international flights. We are authorized 2-50lbs bags per ticketed passenger. Believe me, it doesn't take much to get 50 lbs in a suitcase. I am bringing a few gifts for the orphanage nannies and directors, and they take up lots of space and weight. At least, once they are gone, I will have lots of room for squeaky shoes and souvenirs.

For those of you who never saw (better yet - HEARD!!) squeaky shoes, they are shoes that literally squeak with every step the child takes. They are meant to encourage babies to walk, and they come in the cutest styles!!!!!! Last time I bought three pairs for Mia, but she grew out of them really fast. I will get some more this time. They are adorable, and ohhhh so cheap!!!!

I am also planning on getting a painting of all three kids to hang on an empty wall in the living room. I will bring a picture of Mia, and the artist will be able to put all three kids together, as if she was there as well. They are really amazing.

Well, off to cooking breakfast!!!
Love to all,

Laura
Squeaky shoes

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Laura,
I cannot wait to follow your journey to Emma. Go get that beautiful girl!
XOXO
Stacy