Emma walked in the Civil Affairs Office with one of her nannies and was less than excited to see me. At first she just looked at me a bit puzzled, and sat in my lap, until she realized what was happening. That's when the screaming started, and honestly I was so close to crying myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One year later, she has changed so much!!!!!! She could barely walk when she got home, stumbling often over her own two feet. Now she runs constantly. She weighed 27 lbs at age 45 months, no she is a whopping 31 lbs at almost 5 yo!!!!! I guess she is just going to be a skinny one! I am jealous!!!! ;-)
This past year she has endured two surgeries, a move, and starting Pre-K. Honestly, I don't know how she has done it. She is so resilient and strong for such a little peanut. Of the three, she is the cuddliest, and she can hook her legs around you and hold on forever!
She is sweet, loving, maternal, compassionate, funny, and of course as always "rascalish."
We love her so much, and we are so happy she has completed our family.
Happy Gotcha Anniversary Emmy. We love you.
Mamma, Daddy, Tyler and Mia

Nanjing, 25 August 2008
Home, August 2009

My babies, September 2008
My babies, August 2009
4 comments:
Oh look how much they have grown over the past year in those pictures! Sweet little Emma--Happy Forever Family Anniversary. What a blessing!
Yeah Emma - one wonderful year with your family! I remember that day like it was yesterday - what a time we all had in China. Glad she is still a little rascal :) Jax is my cuddle bug too. Wish we were able to hang out today and share some Starbucks or a Heineken and Papa Johns - hehe!
Missing you friends! I'm sending many hugs your way on this very special day!
Tracy
Hey Tracy, Happy Anniversary!!!! We sure had a wild time in China, didn't we??? I almost forgot about the Heineken!!!! We sure needed it, between fear of heart murmurs, post-op pains, sickness, and duck tounge!!!!!!!!!
Miss you guys. I sure wish we lived closer to you and Lisen!!!!!
Love to all,
Laura
Laura, what a change from last year when I first met her at Tyler's soccer game!!! She seems truly just like a Grant now and is made her unique mark in your family! All of your children are beautiful! Congratulations!
Post a Comment