Tuesday, December 30, 2008

4 months

Tonight I was looking back at some of my old posts, and I realized that I met Emma a little over 4 months ago, and yet it seems like she has been here forever.

She has changed so much!!!!! I took a look at the pictures from China and ran across the one of Emma in the bathtub looking ohhhhh so skinny. She is still not a chub, but she has filled in so nicely. Her hair is growing slowly but surely. Tonight I was able to comb it to the side and I put a beret in it - she was the happiest girl on the block!!!!! Hard to believe that a little hair could make a little girl so happy.

She truly makes me think about how I take everything for granted on a daily basis. She is amazed by the flowers, by the moon, by the stars, by her sparkly shoes, and so many more things it would take me all night to list them. How do we become so spoiled and ungrateful to forget to enjoy the small things in life?

Emma has taught me so much in 4 months - I have learned PATIENCE above all. I have learned that a spilled glass of milk is not the end of the world. I have learned that a little messing around before bed time is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I look back at that first week, and wonder how we made it through, how I thought we had made the worst decision EVER, how I thought our family would never be the same, and here I am watching Emma laying on Mike's back on the floor with her baby on her own back, Mia looking at them wondering what kind of un-lady like game they are playing, and Tyler laughing his butt off in the background, and I am at peace.

I truly have it all folks. I am tired as heck, but I have it all!!!!!!! :-)

Love,

Laura



















































































3 comments:

Mommy said...

Nothing more precious than pictures of sleeping babies! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Doesn't time fly when you are in love!!?? I can hardly believe we are home almost 10 months with our son! Seems like just the other day I was in a beijing airport... and I heard this voice.. can it REALLY be THREE years?????

hugs from NY
Missy - a moonbeam Mom

Laura L. said...

The pictures of the kids are so wonderful.
I was trying just now to explain to Jadyn that Mia was adopted at same time/same place as her. I don't think she really got it. Some day she will.
Love seeing the photos and reading your updates!