What a gloomy week we have had!!!!!!! We are getting a lot of rain down here lately - YUK! That means we are stuck in the house, and who likes that?
I have had a lot of time to plan on what I will be packing for China and some other small projects coming up.
First, I have started (along with another adoptive mama) the Columbus Chapter of the Families with Children from China. Our first meeting is 19 April and I am trying to get organized for it.
Next will be the trip to China (hopefully.)
After that, trip to Cape Cod in July. We are going to drive Mike's truck up there and we are trying to figure out what we are going to do with all the stuff we need to bring. ARGH! It's a lot!!!! Thank goodness it is summer clothes!!!!!! All of Mike's immediate family will be there. I cannot wait to see the new babies and the rest of the folks!!!!!
This year we are planning on having an open house on Christmas Eve. I am excited about it. Mike and I want to start some strong traditions for the children and this will be something we will try to have every year. We already have a big Sunday dinner every week, on top of having sit-down dinner every night. Apparently it is not as common as you would think. Tyler tells us a lot of his friends at school don't do that with their families. I was raised this way and I want Tyler, Mia and Emma to have the same upbringing.
And last, but not least, I have convinced Michael on renewing our vows next year for our 15th wedding anniversary!!!!!! I am happy because we never had a wedding in the States, and even though I don't want it to be as formal as a wedding, we will be able to invite families and friends who couldn't be there then and celebrate with us. I am just starting to collect ideas and I will have more info as we get closer to 2009!!!!!
Enough for today.
Love to all,
Laura and the gang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Laura!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, and a compliment about our Jadyn.
Oh, the photo of Mia on this post is adorable. She's changed quite a bit it seems from the last photos I remember. So cute as always. I adore seeing photos of our travel group kids.
Wow, it sounds like you have so many great things planned for this year.
Post a Comment