Sunday, April 27, 2008

JiJi

My virtual friend Stacy, who just got back from China with her beautiful daughter Sabria (from Emma's orphanage) let me know that Sabria was looking at some pictures from the orphanage and pointed at Emma and called her JiJi. Awwwwwww!!! That's what we will call her then, at least until she gets used to Emma. When I hear stories about her, I really get anxious to go get her. Sabria has been home a couple of weeks and is doing great! I really hope we will be able to keep the girls in touch throughout the years. Maggie, that means lots of trips to CT since Sabria lives in NY!!!!!!!!

When I met Mia, I was so exhausted from travelling for three days, missing planes and sleepless nights, that I forgot to ask the caregivers what they called her. I figured she was too little to even know, so that it wouldn't matter. I imagine they probably called XiXi (sheshe) since that is her middle name, and Chinese usually double the name to make it into a nickname.

So, we have XiXi, JiJi, and of course T-bone (along with the many other nicknames he has, such as Tiberius, Bro Slice, etc.....)

Love to all,

Laura and the gang

No comments: