Yes, we are!!!!!!
Emma did so well today that they decided to let us go home early. We still didn't get home until almost 8 pm because of traffic and car accidents along the way, but we are HOME!
Emma is doing great! The surgeon went ahead and worked on her nose as well, and OMG, she already looks so different. I kissed her sweet face this morning before she went in - we never even noticed her scar and her nose anymore. She is so beautiful and loving!!! However, other people (kids especially!!!) noticed, so this will be such an advantage for her in this mean world we live in. Dr. Mackay is such a wonderful surgeon, and we will be forever grateful to him and his PA Jessica for taking such good care of our baby.
She is resting peacefully after a good dose of Tylenol with Codein. She is a bit swollen, but not too bad. She has a device in her nose that helps the nostrils stay in shape and has several stitches on her lip, so of course she will have to wear her special "bracelets" 24/7. Once again, she eagerly puts them on without complaints. This girl is amazing! I tell you, if they had put me under general anesthesia this morning, I wouldn't be walking around, eating, drinking, etc.....
Thank you all for the calls and messages. We couldn't do it without the support of friends and family. We love you all!
Pictures tomorrow.
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Laura, I am glad Emma is doing so well. I am praying for restful sleep and perfect healing. Emma was always beautiful and I can't wait to see pics of her now.
Sivje
So happy to hear that all went well with Emma! It's amazing how resilient the children are, isn't it? Our Maia breezes through tests and needle sticks far better than I ever would:)
Wow - so awesome to hear you are home already. Emma is such a brave, good little girl. People could learn a lot from her face-the-world with a smile attitude. Nothing can keep her down. These kids are so resilient, We'll keep praying for a speedy recovery and total healing.
Hugs,
Tracy
Post a Comment