Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"I love you Mamma"

Well, I knew the day would come when Mia was going to say it. She has been home 3+ years and she has never said "I love you" to me spontaneously without being prompted after I had told her I loved her.

Today, while sitting at the counter gnawing on a chicken wing (Butterfingers, YEAH!!!!), she just looked up and said it, for no reason whatsoever......

It was worth the wait.

Love to all,

Laura

4 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Oh Laura, I am so happy for you both! It is such a wonderful sentence! The best!

Stacy said...

Always in their own time, no matter how hurt or impatient we can get...glad it happened at a time when you need to be told you are loved more usual.

boots said...

that is the cutest thing I've ever heard. <3 you guys, Oh and i have a blog too now! www.cutenboot.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We always knew she loves you, but it's so nice to hear - we love you too...

Luv you guys - Auntie Lisa