Today we went to see Emma's plastic surgeon in Atlanta, and he said she is healing very nicely!!! She still has a couple of stitches, so we still have to be careful with food, even though she can eat regular food again. She had some pasta with tomato sauce for lunch at our favorite Italian restaurant in Atlanta, and OMG, she loved it!!! She wouldn't stop putting food in her mouth!!! Poor thing! She did so well at the doctor, and it is such a pleasure to take her places by herself because she behaves so nicely......unlike you know who......hmmmmm.......
Her next surgery will be sometime in July. We are waiting for the insurance to approve it, and then we will be able to schedule a date. We are leaning toward beginning to mid-July, as she will start Pre-K on 6 August, and we want her to be completely healed before then. This time the surgeon will do a lip revision, by cutting the lip completely open again just as it was when it was cleft, and aligning it up correctly this time. The nose revision will be later. I kind of wished we could do it all at the same time, so this poor kiddo doesn't have to go through this again, but the doctor said it would be too much pain for her to stand, so we will take it one step at the time.
The rest of the gang is doing well. Everybody seems to be behaving lately, which is saying a lot for Michael......I mean, the children, that's what I meant!!!!
That's all folks.
Love to all,
Laura and the gang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY!! I am so glad for Emma. What a pleasure for you to see her eat again! Get some meat on those little bones. I am sorry she has to have so many more surgeries, but I know she is with the best mama for her! It must hurt your heart to see her in so much pain. But she is so beautiful even now.
Laura, I continue to pray for you and your sweet family.
In His Grace,
Sivje
I'm happy to read this great report about Emma. Such good news.
I'm sure it is also a nice break to have her be such a good girl for you.
I'm sorry she has to have her surgeries, but it will be so worth it. Thanks for the update and take care.
Hugs,
Laura
Post a Comment