Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fistula repair unsuccessful - back to Atlanta

You read it - we have to go back to the big city to see the surgeon on Friday as the fistula in Emma's gum line has opened up, and she now has a big piece of flesh hanging in her mouth. Yucky. She was doing really well, or so I thought. And then I noticed that she was doing something with her tongue in her mouth, and sure enough, she had picked at it and let it loose. Rascal. I guess I can keep her hands out of her mouth with the NoNos, but the tongue is hard to control...they need to come up with a little tiny brace for the tongue as well. Maybe I ought to invent it myself......

Anyways, I will keep you all posted on what the doc says on Friday. I imagine he will say we will try it again in the summer when she has her lip revision done. I have heard sometimes this happens, so no worries. I am sure it will be fine.

Double ARGH!!!!!

:-)

Laura and the gang

2 comments:

whtmtnmom said...

Oh no! Poor Emma. I hope the doc says it's no biggie for now and can re-fix it when she goes in again anyway- not add another surgery to her spring/summer. I hope she's doing great otherwise!!

Lisen

Stacy said...

Oh, come on! As if these little ones have not been through enough...and the Mammas too! I hope you got some good news today.