Saturday, February 7, 2009

UNBELIEVABLE! (Updated with picture)















I went by the office today to take a picture. My office window is the third from the right......nothing left but a frame.........it was quite sad........
___________________________________
I just never thought this could happen to me.......I just watched my office burn to the ground tonight.

Around 10 pm I got a call from a coworker letting me know that our office was on fire, so I drove there with a friend of mine, and sure enough, it's all gone. I am speechless - everything is gone.

It is amazing to watch years of history and hard work go up in flames. Our court-room was the setting for the trial of the My Lai Massacre during the Vietnam War, and we all had countless personal items left in our offices at night - some of them irreplaceable.

Fortunately nobody was hurt as the building was empty....

Julie, remember the good times we had when you worked there??? When you told me you were pregnant, and the time spent talking about "Chinese babies?" All gone...

So now, what do we do? Not sure yet....We will know more Monday morning.

What I know for sure is that I lost every e-mail address I ever had! ARGH!!!! I'll worry about that later.

Off to bed I go.

Love to all,

Laura

7 comments:

Tracy Peed said...

Oh no, Laura. So sad to hear about this. I am relieved to hear that no one was hurt. I will keep you and your office in my thoughts and prayers and you all figure out what to do next.

Tracy

The Heumphreus said...

Laura-
Oh my. I cannot believe that. I am so sorry and so sad.
There were so many memories there.

I hope you are okay--please let me know more when you find out.

Love Jules

Laura L. said...

Laura,
I am so sorry to hear about this.
I'm sure it was a terrible blow to so many and also the community.

I'm glad all are safe.

Hugs,

Laura

Goosegirl said...

Oh Laura, I am so sorry. Wow. I pray that the Lord will give you peace. I am so sorry for the things you lost.
In His Grace,
Sivje
By the way, I am on a new computer, so I do not have your email address anymore. So could you email me at sivjegoose@sbcglobal.net so I can have your email address in my address book again? Thanks!

whtmtnmom said...

Wow, Laura! I am so glad no one was hurt, but how sad that it is gone. Do you know "now what?" yet?

Mommy said...

Oh my goodness! Praying you'll get some news soon.

Anonymous said...

How sad...so many years of history...the good thing is that no one was hurt...keep your chin up. Love Ya - Lisa