Today I received a call from Emma's surgeon. To our surprise, our insurance has already approved the first surgery, and therefore Emma will undergo her palate repair and pharyngeal flap on 26 March 2009, at 10 am, at Children's Hospital at Scottish Rite in Atlanta. She will have to stay overnight, and will be home from preschool for about 10 days.
It is a lot sooner than we thought, but I guess, the sooner, the better at this point. This way, her speech will be well on its way by the time she starts pre-k in the summer.
And we press on.........
Love to all,
Laura and the gang
3 comments:
Yay Laura!! I will be praying that Miss Emma does well in the surgery, that the doctors get it all taken care of the first time, and that she heals beautifully. I am sending many prayers your way.
In His Grace,
Sivje
I will pray for Emma's surgery and recovery.
I will be thinking of Miss Em on the morning of her surgery, and for the days that follow. Good Luck, and...be strong, I'm following your lead on this one as we plan Brie's upcoming surgery.
May have to private e-mail the good, bad and ugly so we can "deal."
Happy Forever Family Day to Miss Mia.
Hugs From New York
Post a Comment