Thursday, May 22, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman

Steven Curtis Chapman, famous Christian music singer, and his wife Mary Beth have adopted three little girls from China, after having three biological children.

Yesterday, their youngest daughter, Maria Sue, 5 yo, was killed when her teenage brother backed up his SUV in their driveway, and ran her over.

Clearly I don't know the family, and the only thing in common we have with this famous couple is our desire to adopt and the fact that we love our children, and yet I feel such sadness, because unfortunately these accidents happen a lot more often than we think, and we don't hear about them unless it is somebody in the spotlight.

I pray that the Chapman family can overcome this awful tragedy and can comfort their son, because I cannot even imagine what he is going through right now. It is so hard to keep our children safe at all times, and all we can do is praying that God will watch over them when we cannot.

On that note, Tyler is going to the beach with our neighbors on Saturday for 5 days! Oh yes, I am a wreck, but I know he will have a great time!!!! I will sleep when he gets back......

Love to all,

Laura

No comments: