Monday, October 10, 2011

The neverending fight with weight





Well, Mike and I finally decided that we needed to start eating healthier.  So, about five weeks ago we started counting calories and exercising.  I must admit that it is VERY hard to stick with it.  We are both HUGE (no pun intended!) snackers, so we had to learn to eat alternative snacks and stop munching after dinner.  Easier said than done, right?

Anyways, we have been doing pretty good.  Mike has been doing great, actually.  He has already lost 25 lbs, while I am dragging at 8 lbs.  He is a little bit more dedicated to the cause, and is able to exercise twice a day, while I can only walk at night.  Overall, not too bad - so far so good. 

As a reward, we will have a family picture taken when we both reach our goal weight.  We do not have a decent picture of the five of us, so that is something nice to look forward to.

The toughest thing I had to give up?  Bruster's mint chocolate chip ice cream - by the pint, please!  Tyler had some the other night and I allowed myself to take one lick....oh, my beloved mint chocolate chip ice cream, one day we will be reunited.  ;)



post signature

1 comment:

Laura L. said...

Believe me, I totally understand how hard it is. We're still on our weight loss journey, along the road to good health. It's worth it though! Just keep on doing what you're doing. Hang in there!