Today marks the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I recently read a comment from somebody saying that we should stop remembering 9/11 because it makes us look weak. This young person clearly didn't lose any loved one in the twin towers, on one of the planes, at the Pentagon, or in either war.
There are so many heroes that should be remembered this week, so bare with me, because, unlike the unpatriotic fella I mentioned above, I want to remember.
In no specific order, this week I want to honor:
The FDNY
The NYC police force
Mayor Rudy Giuliani
President George W. Bush and his administration
The heroes of UA Flight 93, who spared many more lives
All the paramedics, doctors and nurses who saved lives on that day
All the orphaned children of 9/11
All the widowed husbands ad wives of 9/11
All the men of women of our military
All our brother and sisters-in-arms who will never come home, especially SSG Greggson, MSG Borgeron, and our friend CSM Donovan Watts, who always made us laugh out loud
And lastly, my husband Michael, who served this country for 21 years and fought in two wars, selflessly, without asking for anything but his regular paycheck, and through it all managed to be the best husband and father we could have ever asked for. He is my hero, and I thank God every day that he came home safely to us.
I will never forget, and I will make sure my children will never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment