Monday, April 4, 2011
Happy Monday everybody! I recently made a decision I am sure I will come to regret - I gave up Facebook!!! I still have the actual account, but I rarely check it. Why, oh why, you may ask?? Facebook is rightfully nicknamed "crackbook", because it is in fact addictive, to the point that I was finding myself spending more time on Facebook than playing with my children - and that is absolutely unacceptable!!!!! So, that's it. Also, as you can tell, it's helping the blogging as well. I need to re-focus myself on more important things, like family, school, and adoption. No, no, we are not adopting again, but I have always been an advocate of adoption, and lately I barely talk about it anymore. Not good. Also, I want to start using the phone again, and maybe even start writing some letters. But here is the real reason why I am off Facebook. I have realized that a lot of people I associated myself with on Facebook were not whom I really thought they were. I am ashamed of some of the things I have "heard" on there, coming from folks whom I thought were decent human beings. Bottom line, I need to do better. The blog makeover will happen but not until the end of May, as my blog designer has a waiting list. Doesn't that sound fancy? My blog designer..hehehe. Enough for this Monday rant. Have a great week!!!! :) Love to all, Laura and the gang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally get it! I think I am mildly addicted to Facebook too. My hubby has talked about giving up Facebook, but I am not there yet. What really bothers me is foul language from some of my daughter's friends showing up on her page. And disgusting comments that we would not say in person, seem to be ok on Facebook. YUCK! So, I hear you and get it. But I know where to find you so I can catch up with you. Hugs to you my friend.
Post a Comment