Yes, I am having a bad day.
Work sucks, I haven't seen my husband but once in passing since Monday, and today I got a call from Emma's teacher. Day three of school. Nice.
She called to ask me to rush Emma's IEP to the school so they can get started with speech at school because she really cannot understand her. Really, so when I told you all that at the meet and greet, you thought I was kidding? When I made it a point to tell you all about her first four years of misery and hunger and lack of love and medical care, you were doing what?
Yes, not happy right now. And as usual, Mia's teacher is wonderful. I need it to be the other way around, damn it!
I give up. Clearly, I wasn't advocating fiercely enough for my baby. That's all right. I' ve learned my lesson. Mamma Bear is tracking now.
Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm worring about the same kind of thing happening in SuSu's class. Last year, I wrote up a huge letter to Peanut's 1st grade teacher about his extreme anxiety, and, apparently, she never read it. By day 2, his teacher and the school counselor were calling me. They didn't have a chance to read the letter until after it was too late:) Hope things get better for you!
Be fierce mama bear. I am thinking about you. Advocate, advocate, and if that still doesn't working keep asking. I hope you get the services Emma needs ASAP. Take care!
Tracy
Post a Comment