Guess whose turn it is? Yup, Tyler!
Tyler, Tyler, Tyler........I was just recently looking at a picture of the three of us at the hospital the night he was born. Mike and I look awfully young (and skinny!) and Tyler is so tiny!!!! You would never guess it now at 5'2", and 106 lbs - and he is only in 6th grade!!!!!!
He is the spit image of Mike. They were sitting on the couch tonight and I noticed that they have matching feet - how cute.....they didn't think so when I shared this piece of information with them - they gave me a disgusted look, and thought I was being exactly what I am - a chick!!!!!!!! Hahahaha!!!
I love Tyler for so many reasons - he is still the sweetest, most family oriented 11 yo you will ever meet. He is all about family gatherings, and still tells us he loves us without being embarrassed about it. Will it last another year? I hope so.
When he was a little boy, he tested us on a daily basis, all the way to kindergarten, and then he stopped and changed his ways. He used to bite, scream his head off because he didn't want to go to sleep at night, which caused us to keep him in our bed until he was almost four, and had really bad social skills. If you ask his friends now, he is the class clown and is liked by all.
I love it when he comes in my room when Mike is gone riding and I tell him "Hey handsome," and he answers "Hey pretty." It makes my day, better yet, my whole year!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is so patient with his two sisters - more so than his parents at times. He accepted them into his heart unconditionally, and I love him even more because of that.
He recently told me that he wants to be a Marine when he grows up, and I thought that hopefully he will change his mind. And then again, I would be the proudest Mom on the block, as I always tell him that serving your country is the most honorable job in the world. Can he just have a desk job and never go to war, please???????? ;-)
So there you have it, these are my babies.
I will spare you the Mike post - besides he doesn't have a cute nickname like the other three, and the post would look a lot like this: "Mike and I have been married 15 LONG years. Every night he keeps me up with his d%$%% snoring, etc..." Hahahahaha!!!!
Jokes aside, I couldn't make it through the day without him as the three musketeers always gang up against us. We are a crazy family, but there is lots of love and laughter, and that's all I need.
Love to all,
Laura
2 comments:
He sounds like such a sweet boy. What a blessing he must be to you.
I've enjoyed how you've had a post about each child. Very nice, and a great idea.
You could have Mike do a guest post about you. Ha ha. :)
Hey you, your son, my nephew is an amazing kid - this why he is so loved in so many different ways. He has a heart of gold that will take him far. I miss all of you for so many different reasons, but with Tyler I miss him because of his kindness - which I truly hope will always be. Like I've said so many times you have such a beautiful family and I'm so proud and happy to have you as part of our family - it makes for a wonderful life - Love and hugs to all of you - Auntie Lisa!
Post a Comment