Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

Welcome to the Year of the Ox.

This weekend was full of activities. Saturday we drove to Atlanta to see the Terracotta Warriors on loan from China, and we spent more time and money in the gift shop than in the exhibit! I bought all the things I should have bought in China and didn't. So now the girl will have their own calligraphy sets if they decide to pursue Chinese calligraphy - can never have enough of those!!!!!!! ;-)

Today we made paper lanterns, and went out to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant!

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

Love to all,

Laura and the gang






























3 comments:

whtmtnmom said...

Hey Laura- The girls are so beautiful!! Emma's hair looks just like Chloe's now. Happy New Year to you too!

Lisen

Laura L. said...

Happy CNY to the Grant family!

Looks like you'll all been having a great time. The girls look adorable in their beautiful purple dresses.

Laura L. said...

I meant to also say that I'd love to see that Terra Cotta warriors exhibit. I'm sure it was really neat. Someday I'd like to go back to China. That would be on my top 10 list of things to see in China.