Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Three months LID and no word yet

Today our dossier has been logged into the China Center for Adoption Affairs for three months....and we haven't heard anything.

First I thought for sure we would be logged in by December 2007. Didn't work out. Then January - Nope. Finally March. At that point, I really thought we would be traveling to China in June. Ahhhh, no. Then July - no ma'am! And here we are. September is looking more like the case right now. That simply SUCKS!

Emma will be 4 in December and it breaks my heart that she has to spend so much time in the orphanage. I know I am being greedy - after all it took 18 months from start to finish to bring Mia home, and September will be one year for Emma, yet, I don't care! I WANT HER HOME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There in no doubt that this will be our last adoption. It is a very stressful process and I think I have had enough after this. I mean, Mike already made sure I put it in writing and had it notarized just in case!!!

I have to give my loving husband a lot of credit. After we had Tyler we tried for so long to have another child, and I think he had settled into thinking that one was going to be it for us. And then the big news broke out, and I told him: "Let's adopt." And of course, Mike would never say no to me - and I knew that. After the whole Iraq ordeal, and the adoption ordeal, and the huge adjustments we have gone through, he thought for sure it was it! And WOW, I was at it again - just one more, I said. And of course, again, he couldn't say no to me, and he agreed to having strangers in our home again checking to make sure we are fit parents, after we have raised two beautiful children in the last ten years, with no help whatsoever. And here we are again. He had to listen to my ranting about the immigration officer taking too long, then ranting about how she could have done things differently when we finally got the paperwork back, and so on. Bottom line, I couldn't be luckier. For those who know Mike, you are very aware of what a bubbly personality he has, and how easy going he can be........NOT! But believe me when I tell you that he is the best husband and father we could have asked for. And this is not just because he is in PA for work and I miss him (although I DO MISS HIM a LOT) - TISSUE BREAK, but because we really share the same family values and the same beliefs, and I think it is so rare to find somebody to spend your life with nowadays, somebody you are fully compatible with.

All right, back to me, Mike's wonderful wife - ;-)

The kids are exhausting me this time around, but we are hanging in there. I know what you are thinking - well, you are going to have another one - no worries, I will fuss about it on the blog. It's good therapy.

That's all for today. When I have news, I will SHOUT them on the blog, believe me.

Love to all,

Laura

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey Laura!
I know the wait is EXCRUTIATING! I am so sorry that you are in this place...But, I can tell you that adopting a four y/o is a trip in itself...enjoy this time...I know you remember the bad place I was in when I was waiting for Brie, and now we've been home for two months and the time has flown! People I just meet have no idea she was ever even in an orphanage. She's speaking and happy - and Emma will be the same way. Because they were friends, and birds of a feather...
I wish you the patience I didn't have and the foresight that I could not maintain.
Soon, my friend, soon. Enjoy the summer with your two beautiful children, and stay strong - even when you don't feel like you can, my friend.

Unknown said...

Hang in there sister-friend! We waited and waited (and then waited!) and it was ALL worth it in the end... we have our darlings.. and your new darling will come home.. and remember she is fine where she is for the moment.. But OH MY what love she has in store when you travel... wish we coulda met up in a ladies room... in Beijing, Shanghai - where-ever... I am sending Moonbeams hugs.. for you, Tyler, Mia little Emma and Mike while he is far away from you!

Missy - A Moonbeam Sister-Friend

Sheryl said...

Hi Laura - the waiting is so hard. I am glad you express your appreciation for Mike...He is blessed to have you for a wife. Lots of hugs, Sheryl