Sunday, June 22, 2008

Movie Review - Juno

I finally got around to watch the movie Juno - sometimes finding a moment to just sit down and enjoy a movie is impossible around here - two kids asking a million questions, and two dogs wanting to play with their ball, and all as soon as I sit down. I think they know when I am getting ready to plop in the chair and they wait for it.

Anyways....I had heard a lot about this movie - lots of good and lots of bad. Of course, the big whoop was that they talk about Chinese babies, so I wanted to see what is said and decide for myself.

I liked it. Juno is the typical 16 yo girl from a broken home, with shaky morals, and a smart mouth. She didn't offend me at all. Here is what she said to the adoptive parents about Chinese babies: You should have gone to China - I heard they give babies away there. And something else about how they shoot them out of a gun like T-shirts at football games.

Honestly, when I was 16 I had no clue about adoption and I probably would have thought the same. After all, it is just a movie. She was perfect in her role.

Jennifer Garner was very annoying as the adoptive mother, even though I looked back at times when our social worker was at the house and I remember doing the same things she did - wanting everything to be perfect to impress her. Boy I must have looked stupid!!!!!!!!!

Would I want my kids to watch it? Nooooooooooooo!!!! Definitely not appropriate.

Thought I would share. Amazing that it is an event to watch a movie. It is for us!!!!

Love to all,

Laura

No comments: