______________________________________________________________________
Amanda is a South African woman who left her comfortable life behind to move to China to open a foster home for children with special needs. She takes care of the children until they are adopted. She is their mother, father, nurse, caretaker, manager of several nannies, and overall a hero.
She never asks for anything for herself (maybe chocolate sometimes!) - she is focused on saving lives and getting the babies ready for their forever families.
Here is a link to her blog. http://chinesestarfish.blogspot.com/
________________________________________________________________________
On 14 July 2012, I received an e-mail from Amanda's friend letting everybody know that Amanda had lost her battle with cancer. The world has lost a hero. The babies at the Starfish Foster Home have lost a mother - again.
Her memorial will be held on 4 August, in Nashville, TN. I am going. I never met her, but one of my girls could have easily been one of hers.
Rest in peace, Amanda. I know you are holding your little starfish who preceded you in heaven. You all are finally together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment