On Friday, we have to go back to Atlanta because the other day I noticed that the appliance is cutting in her palate and skin has grown around it - not sure what they will do about it, but I am prepared for lots of tears. Just putting the appliance in and the following couple of days were very hard for Emmy Gemmy. She cried and cried and couldn't eat...
I think I will take her to have some dim sum after we are done - she loves it (and I do too!!!). Maybe that will cheer her up!
Surgery is scheduled for 12 June. She will have to spend one night in the hospital. :(
After this "big" surgery, she will have a break until she is a bit older - teenage years, most likely, and then she will have any cosmetic surgery she might need, to straighten the nose, etc. We think she is beautiful the way she is, but other kids/teenagers can be very mean, and she is not a fighter...If that was Mia, I wouldn't worry about it, because she would be able to hold her own, but my Emmy is not strong enough to take it. On that note, I need advice on hair removal for any cleft moms who have been there, done that - Emma's lip is very hairy; the doc says it is because that part of the lip was originally inside the nose, and therefore that is nose hair. Any of you had to deal with this and chose to have it removed? What is the best removal system to use? Laser? I really don't know. Right now, she doesn't even notice she has it when she looks at herself in the mirror, but other kids are starting to point it out - comments like "Aren't only boys supposed to have a moustache?, etc...double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! I know they are just kids, but F&^^%%^!!!!!! ;)
Anyways.....I will post an update after we get back from the hospital on Friday.
Love to all,
No comments:
Post a Comment