First of all, our 8 year-old dog Roscoe died on Monday morning. He had been sick for a long time and his nervous system had started to shut down...no luck this year with dogs...I am happy that he is where he has longed to be for a while...chasing Blueina around! Those two could run for hours in the back-yard!!!!!
I left Tuesday morning to go to Charlottesville, VA, to teach a class, and while I was having lunch at Chipotle, the earthquake hit us up there. What a ride!!! I guess it was my first earthquake, so I don't have anything to compare it with, but it felt pretty strong to me! Two aftershocks followed while I was still up there, and one of them woke me up at 1 am...the bed was shaking back and forth...what an odd feeling!
Then, Wednesday I found out that the husband of a good friend of mine was hurt in Afghanistan. He will recover and be back to normal in a few months, but I know how scared she must have been when she got the call...if you have a minute to spare, will you pray for a speedy recovery for Drew? Drew and Dee have two young children, Abigail and Drew Jr., age 8 and 5, and I am sure that Dee is living through this ordeal all alone, with the added stress of hiding it from the kiddos. Bless her heart!
Now I am back home, doing laundry and I just realized I left my ID card in VA somewhere...does it ever end? In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing and I can get a new one tomorrow, so the heck with it, right?? Encouragement! (You must have watched Couple's Retreat to appreciate that comment!)
Now, if only we can get Irene to slow down and avoid hitting the East Coast, I think we will be alright. Wishful thinking, right?
If you do live on the East Coast, be safe and hang in there. This too shall pass. Boom. Boom. (Another Couple's Retreat moment.)
Love to all and good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment