I cannot believe that I haven't blogged in two months!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with me???
Well, we have been busy....My parents were here for three months - they just left on the 16th, and Mike and I are both going to school one night a week, and then there is tumbling, and basketball.....so get over it!!!! We are busy!!!! :)
Nothing exciting has been happening. Same old stuff.
The kids are doing well, both in school and at home. Tyler has straight As this semester, and the girls are doing great! Emma will be going to 1st grade, which is great news because we really thought she was going to be held back. It wasn't a big deal to us, but she would have been heartbroken if Mia had moved on to 1st grade and she had to stay in Kindergarten for another year.
Her pediatrician put it all in perspective for me - I told her at the last visit that we are concerned that Emma is still acting like a 3 year-old (she is 6). Sweet Dr Brown turned around, paused a second and said: "Ms. Grant, let me remind you of something....how would you act if you had been institutionalized for four years, and then abruptly taken from everything that you know and forced to go to a school where everybody already knows basic concepts and you have to catch up and struggle every day?" Gulp, she put me in my place.....
The things is that we are concerned for her not about what people think of her. We couldn't care less what people think...we just want her to be happy and well-adjusted and not be ridiculed by other children. You know what I mean? Isn't that every parents's fear???
Anyways, besides that, all is well. Phew! Good think we don't have to see Dr Brown for another year because I am sure she would have more words for me!
I promise I will do a better job at keeping up with the bog. I am considering a blog makeover to get me motivated. Stay tuned. :)
Love to all,
Laura and the gang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment